Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

      Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there. My mother has been gone fourteen years now. Anything I could say about our relationship was summed up years ago when I wrote A Mother's Day Elegy. It is a long post, but it is bittersweet and honest with probably more than even the most curious would want to know. It is there for you to read if you are of of the curious.
      Otherwise, I would like to share this cover of Dolly  Parton's “Coat of Many Colors” by Shanis Twain. I came across it while indulging a nostalgia kick for the country music of my youth. There are many interesting gems to run across I never knew existed. This version of 'Coat of many Colors” is one of many pleasant surprises. 
     I did not grow up poor by any means.  We were quite yuppie.  But there were things I had to defend because many did not understand by outward appearances what they actually meant.  So I relate to the song in personal ways only omeone with a less romanticized view of life would understand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment