Saturday, December 24, 2016

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through my room
All was bright. Not an ounce of gloom.
My stocking was hung on the closet with care.
Even a Christmas tree stood proudly over there.

It was near the of a year easier than the last few.
Which was a relief, because I was certainly due.
As I turn up faith hill's cover of “The Little Drummer Boy”
I cannot help feeling a sense of long lost joy.

I gaze out the window in quiet reflection.
Pondering my life's positive new direction.
As the months pass, I am healthier and fatter.
Old emotional burdens no longer matter.

The season insists the memories flow on
Of loved ones and friends long gone.
Today those memories begin tasting sweet
rather than like tears of bitter defeat.

There is freedom in beginning anew regardless of age.
If you allow yourself to turn the page.
To unfetter yourself from the chains of the past.
And endure until life's storms avast.

So carry on, storms! Throw at me your best.
As proven time and again, I am up to the test.
Tho my ship has been battered to the brink.
The Lord is my Captain. I shall not sink.

I faithfully acknowledge a life blessed with grace.
No matter my current circumstance or place.
So now I also exclaim at the last of sunlight.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment