Thursday, December 1, 2016

Eat Your Heart Out, Charlie Brown

       I put out my Christmas decorations this afternoon. It is a charlie brown tree, but the little fellow put me in the spirit of the season. My stocking is hung out for Santa. Ready for that lump of coal I so richly deserve instead of Reese Witherspoon in the Slave Girl Princess Leia outfit I put on my list every year. Maybe next Christmas.
       December will be especially monumental this year. I will turn forty on the eleventh. It may sound strange, but I am eager to leave my 30's behind. The last ten years were a disastrous decade. Even though I have now physically escaped all that made me miserable during that time, there is an emotional boost to beginning a new part of life in new, better surroundings.
       The year will draw to a close as December winds down. While I have mostly enjoyed a good year personally, it has certainly been rougher than usual for the world at large. No wonder so much of it is in revolt over the status quo. I will say much about the good and the bad in reflection as the year fades into twilight. Until then, hopefully December will turn out well for all of us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment