Tuesday, November 1, 2016

November

       November has arrived. Even in South Carolina, where a sweatshirt is all you need many cold days, there is a chill in the air. I like it that way. The seasons need to change, but not too an extreme. I have adapted this concept to add to my philosophy of life. Life must change, too, but not to extremes. I have reached the end of about a decade's worth of far too extreme change. Things have now settled into a normal flow of ups and downs. For that, I am thankful.
        Convenient I am grateful, since November is the month with Thanksgiving Day. It is bemusing how Thanksgiving is celebrated as a solely secular holiday when it is actually based on the biblical practice of enjoying a feast to give thanks to god for His blessings. I have certainly been blessed more in the last year with friends, security, health, and more peace than I have in a long, long time.
       I cannot honestly credit personal strength for what serenity I have obtained. It is easy to let go of bitterness when life is comfortable. There is not much I can suggest for anyone else other than take a cue from the time of the year. We are now well into autumn. My best advice fro here is to be like a tree in autumn and let the dead leaves fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment