Friday, July 1, 2016

Breakfast of Champions

            With apologies to Kurt Vonnegut.
     My long holiday weekend began early when Christy, my occupational therapist, surprised me with several bags of sugary goodness. On the one hand, she wants to fatten me up. On the other, she wants to make up for putting me through the ringer these last five weeks. We have pent this time together working on some adaptations for household tasks including a few gadgets I used to own, but are now allegedly boxed away but more likely thrown away by the Chavis clan, my time with Christy is coming to an end. Next week will be our last.
       But I am certain the sugar rush from chocolate donuts, honey buns, chocolate chip cookies, and a crate of Dr. Pepper will leave a lasting impression. It is not all sugar, either. There are plenty of Doritos and Ritz crackers, too. Christy speaks my language fluently. So fluently, she also gave me a Dath Vader candy dispenser. I am a science fiction geek, what can I say? I will post a photo of it up soon.
        Do all these goodies make up for the strenuous exercise program and tendon stretching splint that went along with the household adaptations? You bet. I am going to miss Christy when it is all said and done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment