Thursday, June 16, 2016

News of My Demise Has Been Greatly Exaggerated

       The title is way too dramatic, but it got your attention. Considering I have attracted an unusual amount of attention lately from strangers who had no idea I even existed before watching a certain infamous video. I have opted to allow these folks to go largely unanswered and let the vitriol and contradictions speak for themselves. It probably will not interfere with that endeavor to elaborate on my general state of good health. I am in the best health I have been in at least since emergency surgery in October 2012. Depending on your criteria, I am in the best health since my colon ruptured in May 2004.
       The biggest issue is my weight. I hit a low of 68lbs after my 2012 surgery with little success of gaining weight. I wound up with a feeding tube shortly before suffering the Chavis boot. My time with the feeding tube Sans Chavis family stretched from May 2013 to February 2015. During that time, I went from 68lbs to an all time high of 112 lbs by the time the tube was removed. One's weight tends to plummet when a feeding tube is removed, but mine did not. My weight fell to 105 lbs and has not fluctuated more than three pounds lower in the fifteen months since I have been responsible for shoveling in the calories myself. Last week, I clocked in at 103 lbs.
     Draw whatever conclusions you wish from these facts, but from the beginning, I was never considered to need full time nursing care. For the last fifteen months, I have not been under skilled nursing care. The only difference between my continued good health over the last three years has been I have not suffered under the 'care' of the Chavis family. If I have a negative attitude towards them, I have good reason. Their continued behavior does not do a whole lot to dispel my reasoning.
        So...yeah. I am tanned, rested, re-emerged and ready to rumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment