Thursday, May 7, 2015

It All Begins Where It Ends

       We are quickly approaching the final arc in the sordid tale of my stay at Oakhaven Nursing Center. If you have been surprised b what I have written thus far, you ain't seen nuthin' yet. My final months there were full of some of the most shocking and unpleasant experiences f my life. There are three things which need to be addressed before breaking open the box of poison candy.
       One, you will notice the posts up to and beyond this pint have been backdated quite a ways. These posts will discuss events from late December 2014 to early March 2015. I am writing this in the middle of September 2015. The reason for the delay is twofold. The first is the most important. As you will soon see, Wilson Senior Care and Oakhaven were spying on my internet activity in order to use posts against me. I had to stop blogging for a number o months while there.
       You will notice there is a long gap between posting beginning in late summer 2014 and spring 2014. The spying was the reason why. The second reason for the delay in posting since March 2015 is I strongly considered taking legal action against Wilson Senior Care, Oakhaven, and at least one individual whom corporate named in order to avoid liability for defamation. Full disclosure was not possible if the possibly of pending legal action existed. Ultimately, I decided I had no desire to deal with these people any longer. The The financial gains would have been more problematic than rewarding. Besides, preserving the truth for posterity on the internet is a much better idea.
       Second, I am posting the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I have been from the beginning. There have been no punches pulled even when writing about my own thoughts and actions. This brutal honesty will continue because I want anyone who reads these Oakhaven blog entries to make up his own mind. After reading the entire story, you should place fault exactly where you believe it lies. The only thing I have done is used code names for residents involved at various times. It was not proper to identify them. Otherwise, credit and blame are placed on the actual people, myself included.
       Finally, the catalyst for this whole mess. Courtney, a favorite CNA, was unjustly terminated by Oakhaven in early December for making a Facebook status expressing a desire to improve holiday decorations for residents enjoyment. She took them to court, and I will have the results of that down the road. Just keep the pint in mind as you read—Courtney was fired for no good reason at all, much less anything like abusing or stealing from a resident. In fact, she was one of the best CNA and a favorite of many other residents besides me.
       Now, on with the show….      

No comments:

Post a Comment